We’re on a mission to give small business owners back time
Accountant / Controller
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Tribe Capital, Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs, and several others. We're looking for an experienced accountant to join our growing operations team.
- Prepare detailed and well-supported journal entries, account reconciliations that form part of a monthly close accounting cycle, and financial statements in accordance with USGAAP.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial statuses.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Lead the month-end and year-end close processes.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies.
- Active CPA with 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial, and analytical roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Preferred Industry Exposure: Public Accounting (Big 4) and/OR InsurTech, FinTech, SaaS, Financial Services or Insurance.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with general accounting, month-end close procedures, eliminations and consolidations, controls, internal reporting & analytics, and working with external auditors.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding, and communicating technical accounting issues and conclusions.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, accuracy, ability to work independently and multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
Why You'll Love Working at Huckleberry
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with 95% of premiums paid for by Huckleberry
- Free One Medical subscription
- Flexible Spending Account and 401k
- Commuter benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings