We’re on a mission to give small business owners back time
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Tribe Capital, Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs, and several others. We’re looking for a reliable associate to support our operations team with day-to-day business operations. The right candidate for this role will have a passion for startups, strong computer literacy, and the ability to work under pressure.
As an operations associate at Huckleberry, you will work directly with the sales and customer support teams to produce insurance quotes for new customers, onboard new customers, resolve billing issues, and assist as needed with other post-sales related activities. You’ll be responsible for tracking daily operations, reporting/resolving issues, maintaining analytics databases, and executing on clerical and administrative tasks with attention to detail.
In addition to your day-to-day responsibilities, you will cooperate with different departments within Huckleberry to improve overall business operations. Your feedback will be essential to our team.
A successful operations associate should be highly organized and have a versatile skill set to support a variety of different business functions in completing a diverse range of tasks.
- Proven ability to use computers efficiently and effectively with an emphasis on modern office tools such as MS Office Suite and G Suite
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills (great grammar)
- Ability to work under pressure
- High energy with a strong work ethic
- Passion for working with people and problem-solving
- 1+ years of experience in a sales or customer support role is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- You have a can-do attitude and a strong work ethic. We’re creating a culture with a focus on getting things done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
- You enjoy interacting with others and are a comfortable communicator – you’d hate working in an environment where you didn’t get to interface with an array of different personalities on a daily basis
- You are scrappy with an ownership mindset. We don’t believe in anything being "someone else’s job".
- Strong Mac OS X familiarity with good excel skills (knowledge of advanced functions such as V/H-Lookups, etc.) is a plus.
Why You'll Love Working at Huckleberry
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with 95% of premiums paid for by Huckleberry
- Free One Medical subscription
- Flexible Spending Account and 401k
- Commuter benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings