We’re on a mission to give small business owners back time
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Tribe Capital, Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs, and several others. We’re looking for an experienced Brand Designer to work closely with our marketing and design teams to push our brand into new territories. You'll work on a variety of brand and marketing projects with an emphasis on digital work.
As an early member of the Huckleberry design team you'll be working on customer-facing projects that span web/digital, print, environmental, physical goods, and everything in between. The team is already doing a lot of great things, but we still have our best work ahead of us. This will be an opportunity to really push yourself creatively and to take a few risks. This also includes developing creative campaigns, educational resources, and visual systems that support our brand identity.
- Design for brand and marketing content across multiple channels (web, digital, print)
- Help develop and mature our brand guidelines and systems
- Own projects from concept to execution
- Create high-quality design work that delivers on our business strategy and mission
- 4-6 years of design experience with a portfolio showcasing a breadth of brand and marketing work
- Excellent proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and other tools like Invision Studio, Zeplin, Framer, etc.
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- Strong familiarity with best practices for design across paid channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, Google Display)
- Strong sense of design sensibilities, from high level strategic direction to small design details
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect
- Excellent project management skills
- A growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS/SASS and Bootstrap or other responsive frameworks are a plus
- Motion design skills are a plus
Why You'll Love Working at Huckleberry
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with 95% of premiums paid for by Huckleberry
- Free One Medical subscription
- Flexible Spending Account and 401k
- Commuter benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings