San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Tribe Capital, Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs, and several others. We’re looking for a Designer to join our growing team of insurance innovators in San Francisco, CA. As an early member of the Huckleberry team you'll be working on customer-facing interfaces on mobile, web, and beyond. This also includes creative campaigns, educational resources, and visual systems that support our brand identity. There is an emphasis on UX and interaction design for this role, but having visual design and/or illustration experience is also a plus.
- Work closely with other designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment to help craft the next generation of online small business insurance products
- Push boundaries and break the product’s status quo to get us to the ideal future state
- Contribute to and continually improve internal design systems and documentation
- Take on full ownership of the product experience and contribute to our design philosophy through constant iteration
- Advocate for good design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Foster a culture of design at Huckleberry
- Leverage research and data to deliver end-to-end design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Listen to users to develop the right product strategy and solutions that delight our customers
- 2 + Years of Experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field building Mobile and Web consumer products
- Experience designing usable, engaging, and beautiful customer experiences for web, mobile and print
- Excellent proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools like Invision Studio, Zeplin, Framer, etc.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and Bootstrap or other responsive frameworks
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- Ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and work with engineers to get products and features shipped
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have several stunning examples of real work you've shipped. You are able to walk us through what you learned along the way and your process.
- Visual design / illustration experience a plus
Why You'll Love Working at Huckleberry
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with 95% of premiums paid for by Huckleberry
- Free One Medical subscription
- Flexible Spending Account and 401k
- Commuter benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings