Marketing Manager - Email
San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Tribe Capital, Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs, and several others. We’re looking for an email marketing manager to join our growing marketing team and help us deliver a delightful customer messaging experience. In this role, you will develop, execute and optimize our email channel and SMS messages to support our acquisition and retargeting efforts. The ideal candidate is extremely hands-on but can also articulate tactics to support our aggressive growth goals while keeping a customer-centric mindset.
- Build the CRM strategy and campaign calendar to support quarterly performance goals.
- Be an in-house email expert that primarily supports marketing acquisition/performance and regulatory and transactional messaging on an ad hoc basis.
- Optimize messaging tactics through various testing methodologies.
- Own the full development of prospecting email/SMS campaigns, working closely with cross-functional teams such as creative, comms, brand, marketing analytics, product, legal and customer experience.
- Set up, monitor, and improve complex journeys, triggers and automation that leverages multiple data sources for segmentation and personalization.
- Report on the program’s performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with other channel managers (Direct Mail, Digital Marketing, etc.) to implement cross-channel efforts.
- 5+ years of experience managing email marketing and/or CRM programs in a performance-driven environment.
- Hands-on experience leveraging a complex marketing automation system.
- Experience with audience segmentation and list management.
- Working knowledge of HTML and dynamic content logic such as AMPScript, VBScript or handlebars for email templating/personalization.
- A keen eye for creative and copy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate metrics into actionable insights.
- An ability to be highly organized with strong project management skills and the ability to be autonomous in a fast-paced environment.
Why You'll Love Working at Huckleberry
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with 95% of premiums paid for by Huckleberry
- Free One Medical subscription
- Flexible Spending Account and 401k
- Commuter benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings