Marketing Manager - SEO & Content
San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Tribe Capital, Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs, and several others. In this role, you will be focused on building and managing our content strategy, helping new Huckleberry users find content in search engines and other platforms that meet the needs of their intent and lead to them becoming long-term customers. We are looking for people who are comfortable in uncertainty, who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and take risks, but who can look for opportunities to build scalable, repeatable systems and operations that will allow us to grow sustainably.
- Own SEO home page traffic.
- Identify and analyze content gaps where we can potentially acquire new users.
- Develop long-form content for key terms and themes related to our user base, including blog posts, webinars, videos, etc.
- Work to promote content through a combination of link building, PR and social tactics.
- Collaborate with other marketing channel owners to promote content through owned channels when necessary.
- Create and own a landing page strategy for consumers of content as they come to Huckleberry.
- Hire and manage a team of contractors or full-time employees to scale content efforts.
- 4-7 years working in digital marketing with at least three spent in SEO or content marketing.
- Excellent writing skills, both writing for engagement and search engines.
- Strong project management and organization skills, with a natural ability to prioritize.
- Ownership mentality and the ability to move projects quickly both on your own or with key collaborators.
- Deep knowledge of SEO as well as the tools and technology needed for managing global content at scale.
- Experience working with third-parties on outreach and content promotion.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop KPIs that ladder into overall company goals.
- Experience creating non-written forms of content, particularly video.
Why You'll Love Working at Huckleberry
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with 95% of premiums paid for by Huckleberry
- Free One Medical subscription
- Flexible Spending Account and 401k
- Commuter benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings