San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Tribe Capital, Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs, and several others. We’re looking for talented early career professionals with strong intrinsic skills and a desire to leverage those skills in the startup world.
At Huckleberry, you’ll work closely with the CEO and executive team on a range of special projects that are critically important to the company’s overall success. On any given day or week you could be:
- Preparing for or attending a board of directors meeting
- Conceiving and executing a new sales growth strategy from end to end
- Vetting potential product improvements by interviewing customers and other stakeholders
- Organizing live events to build our community
- Engaging with attorneys and regulators to ensure new features are compliant
- Scoping out a market expansion strategy
- Preparing a financial model to validate a specific business hypothesis
In short, you’ll be given a high degree of responsibility right off the bat and gain a unique insight into the inner workings of a venture backed startup. You’ll have a large amount of exposure to our institutional and angel investors in addition to other opportunities to grow you network and set yourself up for future career success in Silicon Valley.
- Graduate of analyst program at tier one consulting firm or investment bank
- Highly analytical with superb presentation skills – you have the ability to build presentations and financial models with minimal oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done – at a startup, nothing is "someone else’s job”
This position is ideal for any candidate that has completed an analyst program at a tier one investment bank or consulting firm and wants to add startup operating experience to their resume. You’re a consummate professional with a strong work ethic, high standards of excellence and an ability to get things done. You’re fascinated by technology and startups, and enjoy working in fast paced environments.
At the end of your time with us, you’ll be well placed: to return to a finance or advisory role having gained strong operating credentials; to apply to a top-tier MBA armed with superb essay material; or to continue to build your career at Huckleberry.
Why You'll Love Working at Huckleberry
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with 95% of premiums paid for by Huckleberry
- Free One Medical subscription
- Flexible Spending Account and 401k
- Commuter benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings